Provide critical support to the Project Development Team in the Southwest Region. Responsible for managing and maintaining project documents using key tracking and task management tools. Assist in facilitating seamless work flow by participating in project task meetings. Participation with and in meetings with General Contractor(s) and Consultants to aid with change management by assisting with timely notifications and document uploads as changes occur.
Duties and responsibilities
• Review consultant, contractor and vendor insurances to insure compliance with the contract documents and Goodman requirements.
• Coordination with consultants, contractors and vendors to insure current insurance certificates are received.
• Maintain insurance requirements and certificates in Yardi to insure compliance with the contract documents and Goodman requirements.
• Review Goodman Insurance Compliance Report to insure all insurance certificates are current.
• Provide detailed training to and manage access for consultants and contractors to US Construction SharePoint based project document control website.
• Maintains file server structure and manages project document control on the proprietary US Construction website. Partner with General Contractor and Consultants to ensure all project documents are organized and current (construction documents, testing and inspection reports, change order management documents, etc.)
• Coordination and assembly of change directive documentation, construction change order requests, proposals and related construction documents.
• Review contractor progress billings to confirm the billing package is complete with all required back-up, lien release documents.
• Coordinate with Development Team to identify required actions and manage distribution and incorporation into ongoing project task list.
• Attends and participates in internal and external meetings within the Goodman organization in support of the development and construction team efforts.
• Maintains meticulous progress tracking tools including databases, spreadsheets and computer-based applications to keep updated information.
• Interface and with contractors, vendors, consultants and governmental agencies to start and close out projects.
• Create, Assemble and distribute reports internally and externally as required for the team.
• Minimum of 3 years of progressive construction industry project administration experience.
• Associate Degree (bachelor’s degree preferred), or equivalent experience.
• Experience with Yardi systems and SharePoint technology.
• Able to anticipate development team needs, make decisions and resolve issues in their absence.
• Knowledgeable in budget tracking and basic contract/accounting terminology.
• Uses time effectively based on key priorities; accepts direction from more than one person at a time and oversees multiple projects.
• Builds effective relationships with associates, design team, contractors, consultants and the multiple agencies typically encountered in the development industry. Actions should reflect and support company core values.
• Able to write clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles.
• Open to change and can learn quickly when faced with new opportunities and challenges.
• Organizes people, tools and equipment and plan/manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
• Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and making necessary changes to make improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external expectations.
• The position requires motivation and commitment to a fast-paced Development Team.
• Acts in a manner of integrity that demonstrates support for the company values and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on completing tasks with integrity.
• Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel.
• Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, scanning, database software. Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet and Microsoft Products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
Provide legal support to internal stakeholders in relation to all day to day contracts and legal matters with a specific focus on real property purchase and sale agreements, leases, work letters, development agreements and other documentation with Cities, broker listing agreements, and other contractual arrangements relating to real property matters.
• Detailed review of legal documents in order to instruct, liaise with and supervise external attorneys in the drafting, negotiation and finalization of real property legal documents. Must have substantial experience in purchase agreements and leases. Knowledge of City processes and entitlements and construction contracts would be an advantage.
• Provide timely and accurate advice regarding the legal obligations of Goodman, its managed Fund and all associated entities;
• Assist in the preparation of legal reports and board papers for the Company & the Fund;
• Take ownership of transactions and ensure all required team members provide required information in a timely manner required for the effective execution of transactions;
• Coordinate and ensure consistency between work letters, leases and construction contracts;
• Keep abreast of legislative developments as they relate to the relevant legal framework;
• Oversight or support of projects or duties related to entitlement, acquisitions, dispositions and brownfield, as assigned from time to time;
• Interface with Company’s document Management system.
• Extensive transactional experience and detailed property legal experience
• Knowledge of work letters, development agreements, City processes and construction contracts is desirable
• Mature interpersonal skills in working with teammates and Customers; knowledge sharing and teamwork is critical to success
• Ability to take ownership and control of transactions and work under pressure:
• Initiative and Problem Solving;
• Conscientious, ability to focus and hard working
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding and support of the company’s business activities and initiatives.
• Excellent concise writing skills
• Full functional capability of Microsoft suite of business applications, specifically but not limited to word and PowerPoint.
This position reports to the Head of Legal, US. There are further relationships to be maintained including close work with the Regional Directors for Development and Property Management.
Skills & Qualifications
• At least 8 years’ post admission property legal experience.
• Admitted to practice in the US
Provide administrative support to the in-house Legal team of an industrial real estate investment and development company, performing a variety of real estate and corporate transactional secretarial duties such as amending, proofreading, formatting, revising and/or compiling various legal and corporate documents including board papers, leases, purchase and sale agreements, construction contracts and corporate forms and filings; coordinating meetings, calendaring key dates, processing mailings and/or filings and maintaining files on the company’s document management system.
• Proofread letters and legal documents for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, syntax and content and revise them accordingly;
• Review documents to ensure they are in proper format and contain all necessary references, exhibits and appendices;
• Compose and mail / distribute routine letters, emails and memoranda in accordance with company policies and guidelines;
• Prepare / revise documents from verbal or written instructions, notes, rough drafts or other materials;
• Finalize and circulate documents for signature by the appropriate parties;
• Assist with preparation of legal reports and board minutes, presentations and materials for the company and its stakeholders;
• Assist with preparation and filing of various corporate and real estate forms and documents with the appropriate agencies;
• Schedule and coordinate meetings, calendar tasks for completion and notify interested parties;
• Upload and maintain files on the company’s document management system;
• Establish and maintain physical files, records and other information as needed;
• Support various projects related to real estate entitlement, acquisitions and dispositions, as may be assigned from time to time;
• Support of other teams including marketing, accounting, property management and HR from time to time on an as needed basis;
• Printing and binding of Board and Investment Committee papers;
• Assist with day-to-day activities and perform other relevant duties as may be; and
• Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
• Real Estate and/or Corporate transactional legal experience;
• Familiarity with leases, purchase and sale agreements, development agreements, work letters, construction contracts and entitlement procedures is desirable;
• Familiarity with corporate governance, compliance and filing procedures is desirable;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to manage time effectively and establish priorities;
• Strong initiative and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to follow instructions and interpret guidelines in order to make decisions and take necessary action;
• Ability to maintain focus in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment;
• Ability to maintain composure under pressure and work effectively with others; and
• Alignment with the company’s core values, business activities and initiatives.
This position reports to the Head of Legal, US. There are further relationships to be maintained within the Legal team, the Executive Leadership team, as well as the Funds, Accounting, Development and Property Management teams.
Skills & Qualifications
• High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
• 6+ years’ experience as a legal secretary supporting attorneys in a Real Estate and/or Corporate transactional business or law practice;
• Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint);
• Knowledge of Skype, Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint and Blueprint OneWorld are a plus;
• Knowledge of laptop computers, hardware, software, and related applications and systems, standard office equipment such as copiers, scanners, postage meter, telephone and AV equipment;
• Skilled and accurate typing ability;
• Knowledge of the English language, correct spelling, punctuation and usage;
• Knowledge of legal terminology and syntax, and of the content, organization and format of legal transactional corporate and real estate documents and exhibits, business correspondence, board minutes, materials, reports and structure charts;
• Ability to compose business and legal correspondence;
• Knowledge of the techniques for scheduling appointments and preparing for and/or coordinating meetings; and
• Knowledge of the organization and maintenance of filing and document management systems and software.